Recognizing and realizing the potential of young people to effect change in their communities, Youth Farm is Building a Youth Led Food Movement in the Twin Cities.
Youth Farm works within a unique progressive program model, where the outcomes of each program build upon the outcomes of the previous group. Every segment of the program is designed to foster learning, growth, skill sets and relationship building based on the varied youth development stages.
- Youth Farmers (9-11 year olds)
- All Stars (12-13 year olds)
- Project LEAD (14-18 year olds)
- Farm Stewards (19-24 year olds)
Our goals are consistent through each program:
- Build young leaders
- Promote healthy bodies and minds
- Contribute to the positive identity of children and youth
- Create neighborhood connections and community opportunities for contribution
- Develop and nurture healthy relationships