YFMP is now accepting applications for 2013 summer internships. Please note that all summer internships are unpaid.
Exact internship descriptions will be developed between the intern and the neighborhood Program Director to meet the the specific neighborhood’s needs and intern’s requirements.
General internship responsibilities may include:
- Working alongside high school and adult summer staff to lead morning farm groups and afternoon activity groups
- Helping cook summer lunch with a summer chef and youth
- Helping to maintain the YFMP gardens, including watering, weeding and harvesting on non-program days (Mondays, Thursdays, and weekends).
- Developing a weekly harvest plan and communicate this plan with staff
- Recording the weekly harvest
- Preparing the harvest to be distributed
- Helping to implement youth developed food distribution plan; engage youth around food distribution process
- Youth Facilitation Experience and Creative Energy
- Energetic, Outgoing, Punctual and Organized
- Experience working with Multicultural Youth is highly recommended.
- Skills in leadership development, theatre/puppetry, sports, biking, creative & visual arts, cooking & food systems
- Second Spanish, Somali & Hmong speakers are encouraged to apply
- Applicants should feel comfortable working outside
- Gardening experience is not required (but is helpful).
If you have any specific questions about Youth Farm’s internship opportunities or would like a paper application please contact JP Mason | firstname.lastname@example.org | 612.222.5280